Rolling Down the Seti!

Home sweet home. Back in Pokhara I felt like a goatherd returned to his village after a long stay up in the mountains. Familiar faces greeted me and asked about the trek: was there snow on the Thorung?, did you see the Yeti? However, the sweetest and most awaited of the reunions was that with the chocolate crepes at the Panoramix restaurant. Those little pieces of heaven on Earth kept me motivated during the hardest moments of the trek.

Five days and many crepes later, my system and stuff were fully restored and ready to burn more adrenaline. After considering the different options I deciced to sign up for a kayak clinic on the Seti river. Kayaking on Seti Having done some rafting and canoeing in the past, I must admit now that kayaking is much more exciting. Once one is able to control the rational fear of being trapped upside down with the head under the water, this sport is all but boring. The guys from Paddle Nepal made this trip an unforgetable experience. Night camps by the river, improvised games, loads of Nepali sense of humour, and professional guidance at all times.

Unfortunately this cheap soul didn't want to purchase the photo CD including the best shoots of 'Iñaki vs Seti' so I can only present some pictures that I stole from my friend Morten's Facebook. Just try to imagine that it's me who goes on the kayak instead of him!


Tras cinco dias de relax en Pokhara mi cuerpo empezo a pedirme mas caña. Tras considerar las distintas opciones, me decidi por un curso de kayak (o piraguismo) en el rio Seti. Una vez superado el miedo a estar atrapado boca abajo con la cabeza en el agua, este deporte es sin dudarlo uno de los mas excitantes y divertidos que he practicado en mi vida.Los chicos de Paddle Nepal remataron la aventura con sendas acampadas a la vera del rio, buen humor e instruccion profesional. Lamentablemente este humilde y tacaño servidor no quiso comprar el CD con las fotos del descenso asi que os teneis que dar por contentos con las fotos de mi amigo Morten (imaginaros que el que va en la barca soy yo en vez de el).

0 comments:

Post a Comment